A professional coach and leadership expert who helps executives and high-potential clients worldwide to achieve their visionary goals by providing a structured and insightful process that includes goal-setting, strategies, actions and out-of-the-box thinking. Complemented by think tank projects combining scientific understanding with practical application. While highly analytical and absolutely solution-focused, also genuinely playful, imaginative and energizing. Mission: unleashing people’s potential.
Earned ICF Credentials as Professional Certified Coach (PCC) in 2022. Evidence-based coach training as Positive Psychology Coach (Positive Acorn, 2021). Completed executive education with the Brain-Based Coaching Certificate (NeuroLeadership Institute) in 2018 and the GGS Leadership Certificate (German Graduate School of Management and Law) in 2016. Many years of expertise as manager in strategic consulting. Profound academic career in research and teaching with projects focused on the development of training programs for gifted school children, professional athletes and high potentials.
Jul 2017 - today
professional coach & leadership facilitator
Dr. Nelly Nguyen – coaching . leadership . think tank
- Providing goal-oriented coaching for executives and high potentials (professional and personal goals) since 2017 with over 500 hours of coaching experience for international clients.
- Offering customized leadership training for future-oriented leaders who are embracing new challenges due to rapidly changing internal and external environmental conditions.
- Running a think tank and developing own science-based tools for practical application. Collaborating with a large inter-disciplinary network of professionals from different fields related to learning and growth.
Feb 2014 - Dec 2018
manager in strategic consulting
- Led several project teams, task forces, and initiatives in the role of project manager, team leader, certified scrum master, or product owner. Experienced in using both classical and agile methods and tools.
- Managed and implemented strategic projects for clients in the financial industry (large corporates, banks, asset managers, insurance companies, supervisory authorities) with focus on organizational, process-oriented and technological restructuring.
- Provided leadership workshops and coaching for executives as well as mentoring for consultants and senior consultants.
Apr 2005 - Feb 2014
academic research & teaching
- Coordinated and executed research projects in physics, educational science and sport science within international collaborations.
- Developed and taught expertise in scientific methodology, incl. empirical, analytical, and statistical methods in theory and practice.
- Published work in peer-reviewed journals and presented results at international conferences.
Headed an internal initiative with a team of 8 on the topic of leadership. Conducted research on state-of-the art methods from neuroscience, positive psychology, organizational psychology, educational science and best practices. Developed tools and methods for practical application. Provided leadership workshops for executives.
Design of Target Operating Models (TOM) for payment solutions
Banks / large global industrial corporates
Conducted interviews and workshops with sponsors and stakeholders. Designed strategic target operating model matching the new technological and organizational demands. Specified and tested solutions. Communication management and stakeholder management for ~250 subsidiaries.
Study for strategic outsourcing
Large German asset manager
Modeling and scenario analysis for the outsourcing of the alternative investment unit. Provided tool and decision template.
Interdisciplinary study on Dark Matter model
Universität Hamburg / H.E.S.S. collaboration
Led project on complementary Dark Matter studies, collaborating with international experts from high-energy physics, astroparticle physics, and cosmology. Combined data from several experiments.
Schooling for gifted children
Collaboration with private school
Conducted research and published results on qualitative study on dedicated methods for the schooling of gifted children.
Olympic performance study
Olympic training center (OSP) Hamburg / Kiel
Performed data analysis and supported in Complex Performance Diagnostics (KLD).
Talent promotion in soccer
Collaboration with Hamburger Sportverein (HSV)
Conducted studies on the early identification and promotion of young soccer players. Supported in the organization of an open house event for talent promotion.
Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
(International Coach Federation)
Brain-Based Coaching Certificate
Certified Scrum Master
GGS Leadership Certificate
(German Graduate School of Management and Law)
(PMI-based project management, d-fine)
My Role as a Professional
(Jansen Beratung & Training)
Awarded with the DAAD research scholarship
(German Academic Exchange Service - DAAD)
Doctorate in natural science (PhD)
Physics, Uni Hamburg
2009 - 2012
1. Staatsexamen (state examination)
Educational science, Uni Hamburg
2006 - 2009
Sport science, Uni Hamburg
2000 - 2006
Japanese: JLPT N5
Sep 2010 - Mar 2011
LPNHE, Université VI-VII, Paris, France
Jul 1997 - Jun 1998
Huntington Beach High School, CA, USA
- Conceptual models for complex matters
- Conceptual design process
- Strategy development & application
- Highly analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Profound understanding of empirical methods
- Industry, diligence, and perseverance
- Hope, optimism and futuremindedness
- Love of learning
- Zest, enthusiasm, and energy
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Oceans and seas
- Swimming and martial arts
- Piano and singing
- Dancing (ballroom, Tango Argentino)
- Board games